Good morning. In view of the serious problems currently facing our nation, I want to suggest to President Barrow that he should urgently do the following to redeem his failed Presidency:
- Apologize to the Gambian people for making serious mistakes of governance and not living up to their expectations
- Reveal the source of the 57 vehicles. Admit to the Gambian people that he was naïve and misguided to accept them and apologize
- Return the US$35 million sent to his wife’s Foundation bank account, revealing the sender and apologize to Gambians
- Disband the Fatoumata Barrow Foundation
- Reinstate sacked Coalition cabinet members, Aja Fatoumata Jallow Tambajang, Omar Amadou Jallow, Mai Fatty and others
- Sack Mamburay Njie, Tangara and other former close Jammeh aides whose appointments have made Gambians very angry
- Disband the Barrow Youth Movement
- Scrap the Semlex contract
- Implement the Coalition agenda. Hold regular meetings with the Coalition Coordination Committee as agreed
- Inform Gambians that you respect the 3 – year transition agreement but it is up to other Coalition members and the Gambian people at large to make that decision
- Promise that Government will be more judicious in spending. That you will never again charter a private jet to travel and there will be a massive cut on government travel
- Release anyone, civilian or military who is currently detained and not charged or arraign them before a court of law. There should be rule of law without exception.
I hope President Barrow will be brave enough to implement these or similar measures to get his Presidency back on track.