COVID-RELATED TAX RELIEF FOR BUSINESSES IN THE GAMBIA.
To help ease the burden of COVID-19 pandemic on businesses, The Gambia Revenue Authority (GRA) in consultation with the Ministry of Finance is providing this package:
1. Extension of tax return filing and payment deadlines;
2. Suspension of penalty and interest charges for late filing and payments;
3. Suspension of field exercises (enforcement and audits);
4. The 20% reduction of acceptable values on imported food items and hygiene products;
5. The granting of duty payment deferrals on fuel sales to Oil Marketing Companies that invested in jet fuel supply, and were affected by the abrupt closure of the airspace;
6. Payment plans are also being approved for businesses in tax arrears or financial difficulties during this COVID-19 period.
Source: 6th Weekly Inter-Ministerial Press Conference organized by the Ministry of Information through the Office of the Government Spokesperson. Held online, 11th September, 2020.
Join The Conversation