IS IT TRUE THAT THE LOUD-MOUTHED BARROW CRITIC AND STRONG UDP SUPPORTER ALIEU DARBOE HAS BEEN OFFERED A DIRECTOR POST AT UTG
I will begin this piece with a quote from William Shakespeare: “The evil that men do lives after them; the good are oft interred with their bones.”
Has Mr. Alieu Darbo forgotten so easily that those who live in glass houses should not throw stones at their neighbors’? After spewing venom, thrash and mud at President Barrow and his government as clear on his face book pages, it is unimaginable to believe that a man of Alieu Darbo’s caliber would take a 180 degree U-Turn to seek employment from a government whose President he had described as clueless, a daft, an ingrate and to crown it all a nonentity. I am saying this because I have received information from impeccable sources that Alieu Darbo has been offered a Director post at UTG and has accepted the offer and is making plans to move from the USA to the Gambia soon.
Is Alieu Darbo not aware that President Barrow is the Chancellor of the University? Or is it he wants to use UTG as a launch pad, disguise as a sheep in wolf’s clothing, to further his antagonistic tendencies towards Barrow. How dare are you Alieu Darbo after publicly declaring your political affiliation with UDP to think you are material for government public office. I would advise you to consult the government General Orders and advise yourself whether you are suitable for government public office.
Alieu Darbo being a celebrated UDP die-hard, a gladiator, and a professed tribalist, has no place in the public service. I am putting the UTG Administration and the Ministry of Higher Education on notice that Alieu is deeply involved in partisan politics and has therefore compromised his neutrality should he be a government civil servant.
The following postings of Alieu Darbo on his FACEBOOK Page are ample evidence of his political biasness, affiliation and stance:
1) 14th April 2020: “President Barrow is a huge disgrace to The Gambia. The guy can’t even guarantee our territorial integrity as a state. The fool thinks he owes his safety and security to the Senegalese.”
2) 30th May 2020: “President Barrow is not managing our natural resources prudently, and I suspect along the way they are siphoning our funds into their pockets”.
3) 3rd July 2020: “Alieu Darbo set up a GoFundMe to help defray the legal costs of Madi Jobarteh”
4) 22nd July 2020: Alieu Darbo wrote “APRC emboldened by our clueless President”
5) 28th July 2020: “Urging citizens to band together to fight against impunity and state sanctioned harassment of citizens”.
6) 24th August 2020: “Alieu Darbo set up a GoFundMe to finance the 24th anniversary of the UDP.
7) 27th August 2020:” Alieu Darbo wrote: Ousainou Darboeis a model citizen, a patriotic gentleman of immense proportions! God bless you and God bless all those who supported this laudable initiative”.
8) 25th January 2020: “Alieu Darbo lambasted the IGP for refusing UDP permit holding political gatherings”
The list is endless. With these few evidences, as unambiguous as they are, Alieu Darbo has shot himself on the foot and therefore deserves a RED CARD. Perhaps Alieu Darbo out of desperation may send a strong letter of apology to Barrow and seek forgiveness or renounce his support for UDP publicly. If Alieu Darbo wants to stick to his guns, then he should withdraw his application from UTG with immediate effect.
Time will tell if Alieu Darbo is a “Forro or Jongo”. I therefore urge Dou Sanno, Saikou Mballow and FalaiBaldeh to be on the watch out as the drama unfolds.
Editor’s note: The author’s views do not represent the position of the Freedom Newspaper. Thanks for your kind attention.