THE LONG BETRAYAL LOVE STORY PLANNED FROM THE MILE TWO CELLS.
The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies. Life is not about who’s real to your face but who’s real behind your back. Sometimes it can be too hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it.
Ousainou Darboe betrayed the trust and confidence of Gambians. Instead of supporting the agenda of the president that politically appointed him, he chose to mobilise his staunch personal followers and stalwarts within the UDP to undermine the President’s administration, authority and confidence.
President Barrow adopted him as Political Godfather and gave him an open checkbook in his administration. Unfortunately he (Darboe) used that to selfishly appoint his most trusted henchmen in all the government strategic positions which almost cleverly aided his hidden ambition to surround, corner and weaken the president.
He almost succeeded until the quick thinking trustworthy close allies of the president scrambled to thwart his malicious plans as soon as they began to notice his destructive path.
Cases in point of his sinister plot against Barrow for him to gain fame, hoist himself above and entrench himself but least did he know what awaited him and when he fell traces and fingerprints of his sinister handy work emerged everywhere in the country and abroad…..
Most appointments as MDs, civil servants no wonder they foot dragged and sabotaging from within, ambassadors and persons in diplomatic postings, the selected known person in the commissions of enquiry, the Janneh commission, constitution review commission, TRRC amongst others were all self-interest handy work of Darboe, biting the finger that fed him….. Barrow who in the glaring view of the world declared him his political father, he betrayed by isolating and undercutting Barrow
He begrudged the president from the word go as he started to show signs of envy. He could not help but had to start singing ” Lawyer Darboe Ye Banko Ta”
1. 3 years / 5 years dung dung dang dang.
2. Conived with his allies to get Fatoumata Jallow Tambajang fired just for him to replace her as VP.
3. As VP, he diverted doctors to Bansang hospital that were earmarked for other hospitals.
4. Diverted and wanted to STEAL Kuntaur flood victims money.
5. Received brown envelopes resulting from the Gambia-Senegal fishing agreement.
6. Received a brown envelope in China from all the dubious loans he and Amadou Sanneh secured in our name.
7. Frivolous anger against helpless women like Fatou Sumareh.
8. His self centered, undemocratic and dictatorial behaviour divided the UDP only for him to become the flag bearer by any means just like he and his party militants are desperately doing now .
9. Still owes D2 million in tax evasion to the state.
And a lot more…
Editors note: The author’s views do not represent the position of the Freedom Newspaper. For record: The UDP spokesman Almami Taal has told us in an a recent interview that Darboe has paid his tax arrears. Thanks for your kind attention.